Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Back to the Beginning

Heading back to my hotel was rather easy. I had expected trouble, some sign that he knew what I was up to. But as per usual...nothing. The first thing I did was pack, of course I stole the little shampoos and conditioners the hotel provides. I may have been in a hurry but I wasn't in that much of a hurry. With my backpack slung over my shoulder I bolted down the stairs, only stopping to drop the keys off at the greeting desk.

I went outside and hopped into my car, noting that the gas was a little above 3/4 of the tanks capacity which was perfect. It was then that my enthusiasm drained from my system. Before I even started the car I noticed him. He was in the rear view mirror just behind my car. His stare was unnerving, now more than ever. I still found it strange that it felt like I was being stared at even though he didn't have eyes. He tilted his eyes asking the silent question that he already probably knew the answer to.

'Are you sure you want to do this?' 

I actually hesitated to turn the car on, thinking on my decision. Did I want to do this? Knowing that it would send me hurdling back into an uphill battle? 

But I already knew my answer. So I started the car.

I looked in front of me, ignoring the faceless monster that stood behind my car and I grinned nervously.

Time to go back to where it all started, back to the beginning. Back to where I lost her.

...it's going to be one hell of a ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment